Monday 23 January 2012

Update: 23 weeks to go...

Weight: 14-7.8. (Target 14-10.0). Loss: 2.4 lbs.
Wk24 Training: Hours: 9:53  (Target 7:00). Bike: 151.1km. TSS: 913.

Weight...
Lost 2.4 pounds - another solid week - and steady progression towards my target.  I would have been disappointed with much less given that (with the exception of a Saturday night illicit Thai takeaway) I kept my diet under control; and put in 10hrs of aerobic endeavour. I am now 2.6 lbs under target with just two more weeks until the target loss drops to a more achievable 2lbs/wk.

Training...
Quite a big week for me at this time of year.  And with my 30/30 in January wildcard used last week  I trained every day including some solid sessions after work.  On Saturday I wasn't feeling it so kept it pretty steady.  Sunday was another story, the 'slightly faster than club pace' out towards Gatwick looked like an opportunity for a good ride on some new roads.  The problem was that this turned out to be 4+hrs of hanging on, interspersed with some dropping off the back whenever the road uphill (my watts may be rising & my weight falling, but my watts/kg is still woeful).   Some 4.5hrs ride time covering 115km make this my longest ride since Irinman Florida in November 2010!  Which might explain why I feel stiff/sore this morning.

Golden Cheetah Weekly Summary 22-Jan-12
Next Week...
Going to be a tough week to hit my targeted numbers this week  I am away at the weekend (the wife's birthday, definately a non-negotiable...) so will have to get some extra turbo time in during the week. Furthermore, going away means eating in restaurants where it is much harder not to increase the calorific intake (Would you like to supersize that sir?).

No comments:

Post a Comment