Monday 30 January 2012

Update: 22 weeks to go...

Weight: 14-6.6. (Target 14-7.0).  Loss: 1.2 lbs.
Wk23 Training: Hours: 6:30  (Target 7:00).  Bike: 0km.  TSS: 468.

Almost done with Jan 30/30 still going strong. Got my 30 mins in everyday this week. However, I may fall at the last. I have family commitments on Tuesday (31st) and as I have already used my wildcard I have no leeway.  And bfore you start, no, the prospect of a 30min turbo before work does not appeal.

Weight...
It was always going to be a difficult week. I was away for the weekend for the wife's birthday, so the challenge was always going to be to limit the amount of over indulgence (eating by me, shopping by her!). It seems to have worked ok as I have lost 1.2 lbs, not quite what I would have hoped for but not too bad and much better than a flat week (or even putting on a few pounds)and I am still ahead of target.

Training...
A lighter week in terms of both training hours and load. Reasons for this are twofold. (i) Away at weekend meant less training time & all rides were on static bikes. (ii) Have come down with a stinking cold. Wary about 'training through it' so bailed on a planned 90 minute turbo session yesterday evening - I had already done 45mins in gym in the morning - and did my tax return instead...

The year of the Turbo...
My turbo had its 5th birthday in January; however it has led a sheltered life, spending the first four either under the spare bed or on loan to friends with greater will-power than me. I reckons that I'd done less than 3hrs total on the turbo in 5 years. Yet now I have got over the fear and accessorised, I have been well and truly won over; This year I have 'happily' been putting in multi sessions a week of up to 1.5hrs. This is making a big difference to my training and removing all excuses for not riding (late, dark, wet, cold, icy, etc).

Golden Cheetah Weekly Summary 29-Jan-12

Next week...
After a quieter week I am going to start this week... quietly.  A couple of rest days coming up, and then will pick it up later in the week, hopefully including some long rides at the weekend. Maybe even cold free?

No comments:

Post a Comment