Sunday 8 January 2012

Challenge 2012

I like a challenge.  It gives me focus, I like the process of preparing for it, usually enjoy partaking in the event and certainly relish the feeling of completing the challenge. In 2007 it was the Etape; 2008 the Marmotte (#fail); 2009 the Marmotte (again); and in 2010 the Marmotte (yes, again) and Ironman Florida (swimming and running??).

Last year I decided to take some time out and let the rest of life had a go.  This year I am back on the challenge trail.  Having decided to stick to cycling - which I enjoy more than the swimming & running malarkey - I had to decide on an event.

While on my break, I was inspired by last year's Haute Route through the Alps from Geneva to Nice.  I liked the idea of a multi-day event and that lead me to the Schwalbe-Tour-Transalp.  Seven stages over seven days through the alps of Germany, Austria & Italy to the shores of Lake Garda.  800km, 17 mountain passes and 19,000 metres off climbing.  Now that sounds like a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment