Sunday 8 January 2012

Update: 25 Weeks to go...

Weight: 14-12.4.  (Target 15-2.0).  Loss: 6.4 lbs.
Wk25 Training: Hours: 8:50  (Target 7:00).  Bike: 123.9km.  TSS: 833.

I can tend to be a little all-or-nothing; which can be good, can be bad.  What it does mean is that this year I need to get my ducks in a row to ensure that this is an All year and not a Nothing year (like 2008).  To that end I decided to kick the year off with 30/30 - 30 minutes cycling per day for 30 days in January (one free pass).  And to accompany all that training there will be a big focus on my diet to ensure that the two together lead to increase fitness & decreased fatness.

Weight...
Result.  6.4 pounds loss represents a great week.  I have bannished the extra few pounds from Chrirstmas and have made a start in the quest to get down to a reasonable climbing weight.  The focus this week was good old fashioned calories in versus calories out.  Ate sensibly (albeit minimally where possible) and put plenty of effort into my training.  Good to shift a few extra pounds early on and get moving in the right direction - primarily to boost early motivation, but also because the later pounds will be harder to shift.


Training...
So, how has the 30/30 gone.  Great.  I hit the 30 minutes every day and did 8+ hours for the week.  A good start to the year:

















Sunday's longer ride was a hilly club run into the Surrey Hills.  Hmmm.  Reality Check.  Off the back of the main group on all of the main climbs (six !).  Now Surrey has nothing that is a patch on the Dolomites, so this is indicative of what needs to be done.  Lots.  I hope need to be riding the club run middle-of the-pack in a months time, comfortable on the front in two and graduating to one of the training runs in three.  Gonna take a lot of hard work; on the road, in spin classes and on my turbo.

No comments:

Post a Comment