Monday 13 February 2012

Update: 20 weeks...

Weight: 14-1.6. (Target 14-2.0). Loss: 2.2 lbs.
Wk20 Training: Hours: 7:18 (Target 8:00). Bike: 60km. TSS: .

Training...
Derailed by snow again. Am I the only one that is not a fan of snow. Yes, it's pretty. Yes, you can make snowmen. But other than that it's just cold white slushy stuff. Took two rest days this week (Tuesday - got home late & unmotivated; Wednesday - diary clash with Wife). Sessions on Thursday & Friday and then it was the weekend. My plan said 5-6hrs. But snow, ice, -7 degrees & the odd forum comment said I would be a fool to venture outside. So I turbo'd in the morning, had lunch, watched the rugby and then turbo'd again in the evening. On Sunday I dithered around all morning until I could no longer face the prospect of more turbo shed and went for a 2.5hr ride in suburbia sticking to the main roads (including an unintended dual carriageway - yikes!), which whilst not pleasant were at least ice free.

All-in-all I achieved 7h 18 of work on the bike, not quite the 8hr mark which I had said last week that I was keen to hit, but ok nonetheless.

Weight...
The targeted loss has now dropped from an opening month 3 lb/wk to a more reasonable 2/wk. Which is good as I 'only' managed to lose 2.2 lbs this last week. I am six weeks in now and the easy pounds have all been shed so 2/wk is a more sensible aim. Still not easy mind. Total loss since 1.January is 17.4 lbs at 2.9/wk.

Golden Cheetah Weekly Summary 12-Feb-12

Next week...
Plan for next week is for more consistent training. One rest day expected and some decent sessions during the week so that I am not reliant on a big weekend to hit my numbers (8hrs+).

No comments:

Post a Comment